Request pricing for your BT LES project via an Authorised Partner for new and existing clients.
The BT SHDS service providers almost no latency as the connectivity is based on dedicated optical infrastructure. BT SHDS is secured to meet the GESG’s impact level 2-2-4, an industry recognised security standard. Essentially, private based fibre is dedicated to your organisation which means you are ensuring the most secure environment for applications. BT Etherflow VLL is secured using the inherent properties of MPLS core networking.
About BT Ethernet Products
- SHDS – Dedicated Ethernet services over relativly short distances, a maximum of 35km subject to desktop checks. Totally secure a private.
- VLL (Virtual Leased Line) - The VLL or pseudo-wire services emulates dedicated point to point or multipoint Ethernet on a Global basis. The technology leverarges the core BT MPLS backbone infrastructure.
- BT Opical Ethernet - For higher bandwidth services delivered via wavelengths.
- SLA - Services are monitored and supported on a 24 x 365 basis, leaving you to focus on your business. BT will have engineers to site with parts to effect a repair and deliver a target 4 hour SLA.
How much do BT SHDS and VLL services cost?
- Pricing for SHDS and VLL start at around £300 to well over £1000 depending on bandwidth and distance to the BT network.
All pricing requests are sent into our BT resources. The results are based on direct BT tools with no added fees or margins.
How we calculate BT Ethernet prices?
In order to calculate your pricing, we need to understand the A and B end locations with required bandwidth. Armed with your address detail, we're able to calculate your distance to the local BT POP which impacts the results.
Our BT resources will always look to achieve the best possible commercials vs. budget.
In addition to distance and bandwidth, diversity options will also impact end pricing as we look to design a solution with no single point of failure.
Bandwdth options available as standard including 100Mbps and 1Gbps Ethernet. Higher optical speeds are available including 10Gbps.
BT LAN Extension Diversity and Resilience
- With RA01 (Resilient Access), BT provides a target availability of 99.997% using a second diverse route with hit standby. Failover is achieved in less than 50ms.
- For organisations looking to enhance further resiliency, separate NTE (Network Terminating Equipment) is provided. The SLA increases to 99.998%. Ideal for SAN services.
- The Resilient Access provides a design which contains no single point of failure where possible.
- Subject to survey, BT will connect circuits via dual building entry points and maintain fibre separation end to end.
What are SHDS distance limitations?
- BT SHDS is probably the most comparable product to the legacy LAN extension service. A dedicated point to point or multipoint fibre connection covering shorter radial distances of circa 25km (although 35km is possible) using 100Mbps, 1Gbps and 10Gbps Ethernet access connectivity.
- Where radial distance is low, the costs for SHDS services are good, representing an excellent way to connect up sites including hosting facilities.
- Perhaps one of the main reasons SHDS remains one of BT’s best selling service surrounds wire speed latency and security.
- VLL Pseudowire Services offer unlimited distance across the Globe.
What if I need higher bandwidth Optical services?
- BT Optical Connect is available from 1 to 32 wavelengths, with available capacity from 1Gbps to 320Gbps as your traffic / data volumes grows. Various interfaces are available, including Ethernet, ESCON and Fibre Channel supporting protocols for servers / storage.
- As an example, you could order a 2.5Gbps wavelength (say 2 x Gigabit Ethernet) and grow up to 32 wavelengths, with up to 10Gbps per wavelength each carrying a mix of client interfaces as you require, all across the same fibres, so reducing cost and deployment complexity.
- Optical distances are different compared to Short Haul - Local (a max of 35km between two sites). Regional – (a max of 70km between two sites). With the ability to support National which extends to over 70km between sites.
How we technically account manage your Ethernet services?
As denoted by our Partner of the Year award, we're BT connectivity experts. The award was specifically intended to recognise our work across design, proposal and account management of Ethernet services.
We earn our revenue under contract with BT, we do not charge our end customers and fees or added margins. All subsequent orders are placed directly with BT end to end including support and billing.
Network Union are an alternative route into BT Business. We bring together the vast logistical capability of BT with focused boutique account management.
Ethernet VLL for longer distances, Global or UK
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) is the enabler to creating point to point and multipoint Ethernet over greater distances.
- As an example, where LES met the needs of metro located businesses, the VLL (Virtual Leased Line) allows a company to connect their London office to Aberdeen or even New York.
- BT VLL technology leverages UK and Global MPLS core networks to essentially building on the Layer 3 scalability of their private productised WAN services on a truly global basis.
- Available for UK and Global Enterprise organisations.
SHDS and VLL Project Management and Change control
All of our team are all presales engineers. This is perhaps a major difference vs. other routes into BT. At Network Union, we understand network application traffic and how to design, propose and price point to point and multipoint services.